June 27, 2009

My mother in law is at a wedding today which brings me to my card for today. When I make my cards I don't make them just for me, I also make them for my friends and family to use. When my mother in law needs a card she just lets me know and then I get to work on it. Well, she needed a wedding card for today (you can see that card here- wedding card), but I got to thinking that I should probably have another one on hand and this is the card that I came up with.

I love making all white cards for wedding cards and I usually end up using my cuttlebug on them. In this picture I am using my birds and swirls embossing folder. I tried to show in the picture how I only emboss about three quarters of my background. I insert the card stock into the folder only part way and then I run it through my cuttlebug machine.

After my cardstock is embossed I then add my score lines using my scor-pal. I always have a hard time keeping my score line straight, but I tried to show in this picture how I've corrected that problem. On the right side of my cardstock you should be able to see how I've lined up edge with the groove. Then I scored my lines along the edging of the embossed image and again along the bottom (you'll see this a little bit better in the next picture).


Here's the picture of my card so far with my added decorative score lines and sentiment. My sentiment is from SU's sincere salutations. I generally end up using this sentiment for my wedding cards. Then, I added a white and silver ribbon and some punched out butterflies using my Martha Stewart butterfly punches shown in the picture below.


The Martha Stewart punches that I used are called classic butterfly and 3 in 1 butterfly. I love these punches because it's such a quick and easy way to add some dimension to a card. I just punched out the butterflies and glued them to my card.

And this is a picture of my finished card. I placed the smaller punched butterflies in the embossed area and the larger butterflies next to my sentiment.
Pin It

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ok,I'm sorry to say that THis must be the first time I have gone through your Blog.Your creation is so beautiful.Your cards look so simple but yet so elegant.And this butterfly card I'm going to have to make a copy.Love it.