June 28, 2009


I just received this stamp set (SU - True Friend) and I wanted to ink it up right away! I used my SU markers to color the flower stamp. I used the following colors: pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, certainly celery, and old olive.

I really like making my own background paper and I find myself doing this a lot lately. Sometimes I just don't have the exact color or pattern of paper that I may want. I'm learning that all of the pattern paper I buy just sits around because it's not what I end up using. Lately when I purchase my craft supplies I'm a bit more particular in choosing.

Anyway, I stamped the backgrounds using the larger flower stamp and the smaller tri-flower stamps from this same set. I added some white dots using a white gel pen on the pumpkin pie paper.

My sentiment is also from this same stamp set, but I wasn't too crazy about the parentheses along both sides of the 'Thank U' so I used my circle punches to punch out the sentiment and the pumpkin pie layer behind it. Then I used my circle punches again to sort of take a bite out of both sides of the 'Thank U', I did this because I was able to get rid of the parentheses and still use the thank you words that I wanted. There might be a punch available through SU for this, but I don't have too many punches and I always end up making do with what I have.
Pin It

No comments: