July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July to you all! I decided to make some 4th of July cards this year to send to my family. My husband says that I am just looking for a reason to make some more cards....LOL I say what better way to brighten a person's day than to send them a handmade card!

I ended up making five cards. They are all similar, but yet different. Basically on all of my cards I stamped the bear image and colored it using my SU watercolor crayons and blender pen. Then I stamped the bear image again, colored and cut it out so that I could add a second flag to my cards, which the first bear is now holding. I just felt that having a second flag on my image would be more patriotic.


On the red and blue background paper I used a small star stamp (from SU's Just Flying By stamp set) and I repeatedly stamped it all over my cardstock. Then I added some highlights using a white gel pen. (I love using my white gel pen; it really does add that bit of brightness). My ribbon is from Offray and my sentiment is from a Studio G stamp set.

Here are close up pictures of my 4th of July cards:












Pin It

6 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww these are all soooo sooo cute!!! I love the bear image, and love how you stamped them twice to get 2 flags for each card:) Love the layouts on all of them, and im sure whoever these are given to will love them!!! Happy 4th of July hun!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Kim said...

Patty, those cards are adorable. I love those images!

Vicki said...

Just too precious! Great job! Blessings to you!

Michelle Forrest said...

Very cute!

laos348 said...

Those bears are so cute! I like the variety of all five cards.

=o) kel said...

super cute patty!!! love how they're all similar but not identical :)

lovies, =o) kel