July 8, 2009


I made this card for today's splitcoast sketch challenge. Wednesday's sketch challenges used to be my very favorite challenge, and I've sort of gotten away from them. I have to try and start making a point of doing them again because they are super easy to follow and some of my favorite cards have been the result of a sketch challenge.

Anyway, here are two cards that I made for today's sketch challenge. I've been making some Christmas cards lately and I got to thinking that if I make more Christmas cards now, then it might not be such a chore when it comes time to send out my Christmas cards later this year.

The only stamp set that I used to make my first card here is a SU stamp set called sweet holidays. On my real red paper I stamped the peppermint candy stamp using real red ink. On my green galore paper I used the gum drop stamp and I stamped it using green galore ink.

The gingerbread house took me awhile to color. I used my SU markers and colored the house and all of the candy. Then I covered the candy roof and gum drops with crystal effects and quickly dusted dd glitter over it and let dry. I added the green and white ribbon and green button for my embellishments.


For my second sketch challenge card I decided to force myself to create a masculine birthday card. I very rarely make any masculine cards, mainly because I just don't use them very often, but they are always good to have on hand.

This card was super quick and easy to make, in fact I had this card finished in about 10 minutes. There is no coloring on my card, all I did was stamp and assembled.

I used the SU stamp set nobel deer and I stamped the sahara sand paper using a versa mark ink pad and the pine cone stamp. I used the SU background stamp called weathered to add some texture to my ballet blue paper.

For my main deer image all I did was ink and stamp. I assembled my card and I added some twine and a ballet blue button. I threaded the twine through the button from behind it and then I tied a knot. I tried to do a little something different with the twine and I twisted is all along my card. My sentiment is from SU's it's your birthday stamp set.
Pin It

No comments: