July 19,2009

I made this card for today's featured stamper. I decided to case this card made by splitcoast user minnidr. As soon as I saw her card I thought of my Doodle This stamp set.

I simply stamped my background using the larger doodle stamp and black ink. For the butterfly I used the SU stamp set Flight of the Butterfly. I stamped the solid image using Pretty in Pink ink and the outlined dotted image was stamped using black ink. Again, I used the larger doodle stamp for the doodle image next to the butterfly.

I used my scallop edge punch on the pretty in pink paper along side of my main panel. I just felt that my card needed some other color paper besides black and white and this gave it just a touch of color.

I used my large and small oval punches on my sentiment, which is from SU's Small Script stamp set. My ribbon is from Offray.

After I finished making my card I realized that I should have used my Priceless stamp set and I decided to try and make my card again. I think that I like this layout better, but now my card turned out to be somewhat busier.

I did almost the same thing when I made this card. I stamped my background using the larger swirly stamp with black ink. Next, I stamped the butterfly and added a swirl using the smaller swirly stamp from the same set.

I did stamp a second butterfly and cut it out and then I glued it on the top of my first stamped butterfly. You can see my second butterfly looks sort of popped up in my picture.

I used my large and small oval punches on my sentiment, which is from SU's Small Script stamp set. My ribbon is from Offray. Pin It

1 comment:

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the colors and the layout on this!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl