August 3, 2009


Happy Monday! Today's clean & simple challenge is a faux (or real) stitching challenge. I'll have to try and make a card for that challenge tomorrow. I had signed up for a get well card swap and I almost forgot about it, so I decided that I'd better work on that card today because it's due pretty soon. I'm usually more prompt with my swap cards, but so far this summer has been super busy and more so because of our new baby.

I recently purchased the ribbon that I used on my card and I have so much of it that I decided to create my card around this ribbon. I used the larger flower from the SU stamp set Live Your Dream. I just colored the stamp using my SU markers and then stamped the stamp onto my paper.
For the dry embossing on the right side of my card I used the dots folder from the 'Just My Type' cuttlebug folder set. I ran the dots strip through my cuttlebug and then I added some score lines using my Scor-pal.

My sentiment is from SU's Great Greetings and my ribbon is from Offray. I really like the way my card turned out. I'm not usually a brights color person, but I think this works. Now I'm off to make five more of these.
Pin It

2 comments:

Justine said...

This is beautiful, very nicely done. BTW, nice to meet you I saw you a little above me on SCS

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! It would certainly bring a smile to me to receive it if I were sick! I love how you added the score lines on each side of the embossed dots, very elegant! And that ribbon is beautiful, one of my very fav colors!