August 8, 2009


Well there's quite a story to this card! My family and I are invited to a college graduation party in two weeks and when I received the invitation in the mail last week it was loaded with confetti. UGH! What a mess it was to clean up! I picked up all of the confetti and put it back in the envelope so that I could show it to my husband, but before I had a chance to explain the invitation to my husband he opened it and again I had confetti all over the floor.

Well, the next day my husband was telling his friend that we received the invitation and what a mess the confetti made, not once, but twice. His friend replied, "I told my wife not to put the confetti inside the invitations, even our neighbor complained to us". Well my husband told him that we will have to return the favor....LOL

And that brings me to my card for today. I needed to make a card to send some confetti (you know you can't email confetti!) So I thought an RSVP card might work. So I made this card to RSVP for our friend's graduation party and of course it was loaded with confetti inside when I mailed it; plus I added some nice dusty glitter.....LOL (We know them pretty well, so I can't wait until they open it...LOL)

This has to be one of the most time consuming cards that I've ever made. It literally took me about two hours to finish it. First, I stamped some ivy along the top of my white cardstock. Everything else is stamped and cut out. I stamped the monkeys, pineapples, banana, the truck, and graduation caps and then I cut them all out. For the pickup truck I used the paper piecing technique. To make the road I cut a piece of black cardstock and I added the yellow lines using my zig painty gold marker. The signs that the monkeys are holding are computer generated and they read 'Erin Graduated' and 'It's A Party We'll Be There'. I used my SU Word Window to punch them out.

Finally, I added some sponging along the edges of my white cardstock and the truck's tires, bumper, and door handle are colored using my zig painty silver marker.
Pin It

1 comment:

Amy J said...

This is such a cute card! I love the monkeys!