September 10, 2009


Hi everyone! My husband's grandmother came over for a visit and I really didn't have too much house work to do, so I was able to visit and take it easy today.

I did have time for a quick challenge card. This is my card for today's ways to use it challenge. For today's challenge we were to find ways to use the color red. Well, with Christmas not being too far away I decided to make yet another Christmas card. I'm not sure if I'm happy with my card, I might have to try and make this one again.

The candy cane stamp that I used to make my card is from an older SU stamp set called Holiday Blocks. I've always wanted to make a candy cane card using this stamp and today's challenge was the perfect opportunity to ink up this image.

My card was really quick and easy to make. I just stamped the candy cane image three times using Real Red ink and then I punched them out using my square punch (1 1/4") and the Real Red layer using another square punch (1 3/8").

Using my scor-pal I embossed horizontal lines on my white background paper. I was trying to mimic the pattern of the candy canes. I also decided to keep my card red and white, the color of candy canes. The sentiment I used is from SU's Season's Greetings and my ribbon is from Offray. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Pin It

1 comment:

TrishG said...

Really cute layout! Great colors.