September 30, 2009


This is the week of our state fair, but it doesn't look like my family and I are going to get there this year. We go every year and sometimes two or three times and we always have such a great time, but the weather this week has been cold and rainy. It's too cold for the baby and my son is too big for a stroller this year and it might be too much walking for him. We really don’t have the money to spend this time and my husband’s job isn’t looking very good right now, so I guess we'll skip it this year.

My card today is for the sketch challenge. I used an older SU stamp set from 1999, called Holiday Helpers. I stamped the images, colored them using my SU markers, and then cut them out.

I couldn't find any dp that had red and brown in it, so I decided to make my own. I took the Merry Christmas stamp from SU's Greetings 4 You stamp set and I stamped it repeatedly (along an angle) using Close to Cocoa and Real Red ink.

I'm not quite sure that I like the way my card turned out. I'm thinking I have a bit too much brown for a Christmas card. I added a wider red ribbon to help off set the brown. Maybe I should have layered this on a white card base, I might have to try this again.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! Pin It

No comments: