October 18, 2009



Hi everyone! Well, it sure has been an exciting week for me and I'm glad to be back in the swing of things and stamping again.

Here's my card for tomorrow's clean & simple challenge. The challenge was to create a cas sympathy card.

I've always wanted to try the shadow stamping technique and I thought this tree image would be just perfect for that.



I wanted to take some pictures to show how this technique is done. The first step is to stamp your image. (Shown in the picture above.) I used Certainly Celery ink and the tree image is from SU's Thought's & Prayers stamp set.


Then next step is to stamp your image onto your stamp-a-ma-jig plastic sheet. Then line it up over top of your first stamped image. You'll want to move your image sheet just a tad bit either right or left, just enough to create the shadow effect you want.

This time when I stamped my tree image I used Close to Cocoa ink.



Ink up your stamp and stamp again. In the picture here on the left I wanted to show what my stamped image looked like.


Using the stamp-a-ma-jig comes in handy for this technique; it just makes it so much easier.




I used the same technique again with the stamping on my background.
I stamped my image first using Certainly Celery ink and then again (after aligning it with my stamp-a-ma-jig) using Close to Cocoa ink.


I had to be sure when I was stamping my background that I stamped it so that you wouldn't be able to see the tree part of my image once I place my main image panel over it.


To the left here is a picture of my background once I am finished stamping it.
You can do this technique without using a stamp-a-ma-jig. You just have to try and line it up the best you can.


I know the first time I tried using my stamp-a-ma-jig it was so confusing, and it took me a little bit to get the hang of it.




This picture shows what background looks like once I place my main image panel over top of it.

You'll notice here that you don't see the tree trunk part of my image.







And here is a picture of my completed card. I added some score lines above and below my main image using my scor-pal. My ribbon is from Offray!


Thanks so much for looking and have a great day!
I've been working on two sets of totes with matching cards, so be sure to check back. I will be posting pictures once I am finished with them.


Pin It

1 comment:

jogrybali said...

Thanks Patty sharing your beautiful card and making it into a tutorial
Hugs,
Jogry/bali