November 19, 2009

WOW! It sure was a busy day for me today. I didn't stop all day long. My husband's grandmother came over to spend some time with the kids and the baby had a doctor's appointment today. Just for her regular check up, but she did end up needing two shots. She did pretty well with them and hardly even cried.

My son had his weekly swimming lessons and after all that I had to run to Toys R Us to pick up a Christmas present (while it was still on sale). Toys R Us online had the same toy $20 cheaper so I printed out the item from website and I took it into the store and they did price match it for me. Not all stores do this, but I thought I would let you all know that Toys R Us will.

I worked on making two more cards for the CAS Winter design team challenges. The second challenge was an inspiration challenge. I spent some time looking through all of the items on this website and I have to admit there really was a lot to chose from, but as soon as I saw this ornament (and also pictured below), I knew I just had to have some fun with it!
My son just loves the Grinch, so I was thinking of him when I made this card. I'm not quite sure who I'm going to give this card to just yet or even if I'm going to use it, but it sure was fun to make. I played around with my punches until I got something that sort of resembled him.

All of the punches I used are SU. I used the scalloped one for the Grinch's head, and his Santa hat. The Santa hat is actually two punched out scallop circles just layered behind one another. The white trim of the hat was punched out using my word window punch and I also used my 1/4" circle punch for the ball on the hat, the eyes, and the nose. I drew in by hand the smiley face, whiskers, and center of the eye.

The rest of my Grinch card is pretty easy to figure out. I used some pattern paper, Old Olive card stock (which I punched with scallops) and I added a red grosgrain ribbon. My sentiment is from SU's To You & Yours stamp set.

I made a second card inspiration card using this Gingerbread house ornament seen here (and also pictured below).

As soon as I saw the Gingerbread house ornament I immediately thought of my SU Sweet Holiday's stamp set. Now I realize that my card does have a good amount of coloring, but I tried to make it easy and not color every little detail. I didn't color the roof and I skipped over some of the peppermint candies.

I needed to keep the rest of my card simple, so all I did was layer my stamped image onto Real Red card stock and then put together my card. That was it! Not even any ribbon on this card, which is unusual for me!

I decided to use the 'From our house to yours' sentiment from SU's To You & Yours stamp set, I just thought it was perfect for my card.

I'm so glad that you stopped by and I hope you are enjoying all of my holiday cards! If anyone ever decides to case any of my cards, I sure would love to see them, I'll even link them on my blog so be sure to let me know.


Be sure to check back tomorrow because I'll be posting my cards for the last of the three CAS design team challenges.

Pin It

No comments: