December 4, 2009


TGIF! What a week it has been for me and my family. I'm looking forward to hopefully a relaxing weekend.

There are only three more weekends until Christmas, so pretty soon I'll start working on my Christmas cookies. I usually make them for my family and some for Santa of course!

Earlier this week my children and I put up our Christmas trees, so I thought that I would share a picture of them with you. We usually put up two trees each year and this picture is of the tree in my living room.

Purple is my favorite color so this is my purple tree. There are also some silver and blue ornaments and some glittery ones as well.


And this is the tree in our family room. (I know my pictures aren't the greatest, but my trees really do look nicer in person).

The tree that we have in our family room is the one that I have all of our children's handmade ornaments that have been made throughout the years and our other special family ornaments.

When we were putting up this tree I came across an ornament from Dec. 2000- engraved with the words 'Our First Christmas'. This was the first Christmas that my husband and I spent together.

Underneath this tree is my son's Geo Track train. Once I received my scrapbox I had to take his train apart and put in into a Rubbermaid tote and now that his train is apart he plays with it more, go figure...!!? I guess he likes putting it together and taking it apart more than just turning it on and watching it.

Well, onto my card for today! Today's limited supply challenge on Splitcoast is a great one! (Thank you, Holly!) We were to create a White Christmas card using

1. Only White Cardstock!
2. Only White or Clear embellishments
3. No patterned paper, unless it's all white!
4. You may use any color ink you wish, but only ONE color.
5. No coloring (i.e. copics, watercolors, etc)
6. Limit your layers/embellies

I'm hoping that I followed the rules correctly. I wasn't quite sure if sponging was considered coloring. I did use only white card stock, I used only white embellishments, I didn't use any patterned paper, I used only one color ink pad (Brocade Blue), I didn't do any coloring with markers, crayons, pencils, etc., and I did limited my layers.

First I sponged my background using a technique called faux tearing. I sponged the torn part darker and I gradually went lighter with my ink towards the top part of my card. I used my SU stamp set Serene Snowflakes to randomly stamp my background. I stamped another snowflake and then layered it on sponged card stock and a scalloped circle.

My sentiment is from SU's Snow Swirled stamp set and my ribbon is from Offray.

Actually I have a few white Christmas cards here on my blog. If you would like to check them out you can find them here. I did make a few more cards for today's challenge and I'm planning on posting them tomorrow.

Thanks so much for looking! Have a great weekend! I'm not sure if I will be able to post this weekend, but I'll be back on Monday with the CAS challenge and our new Winter Design Team! Pin It

1 comment:

Cookie said...

Lovin your cards and your trees are both so pretty! Merry Christmas!