December 5, 2009


I made a few more cards for yesterday’s limited supply challenge. The challenge was to create a white Christmas card using

1. Only White Cardstock!
2. Only White or Clear embellishments
3. No patterned paper, unless it's all white!
4. You may use any color ink you wish, but only ONE color.
5. No coloring (i.e. copics, watercolors, etc)
6. Limit your layers/embellies

Well, I wasn't too sure about the card that I posted yesterday because of the sponging, but I'm pretty sure that these cards follow the rules.

My first card was made using the Snowflakes and Winter House Cuttlebug embossing folders. This card was really quick and easy. My background layer is the snowflakes folder, and my main layer is the Winter House layer, but I did emboss the card stock and then I
cropped the image on all four sides so that my panel would be smaller.

My sentiment is from SU's Warmest Regards and my ribbon is organdy ribbon from SU.



I have to admit I really like my second card. I didn't plan it out this way, but I was just playing around with my folders and I got to thinking that the snowflakes 0n the Lace Tree folder matched my Snowflakes folder.

On the left side of my card I embossed the tree (the entire tree didn't fit on my card, so I made sure to align the top part of the tree, leaving off part of the bottom).

The right side of my card was embossed partially using the Snowflakes embossing folder and then I added three decorative score lines right next to it.

Again, I used organdy ribbon and I tied my sentiment on the ribbon. My sentiment is from SU's To You & Yours stamp set. It's also layered using my oval punch and scalloped oval punch.

I ended up making two more white Christmas cards and I'll post them soon. I might try to work on tomorrow's Featured stamper challenge. Have a great rest of the weekend! Pin It

4 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!!!! Love your trees and cards. Over at scs white christmas challenge With all the white cards Look so Pretty.Don't you think.....

Carrie said...

I love the embossed tree

jimlynn said...

Patty, this are beautiful! I'm like you - I really like the second one - but both are just so pretty it's hard to pick!

marsha said...

Simply beautiful! I love the winter house.