January 23, 2010


I haven't been able to post the last couple of days because my computer was broken and I had to wait until my husband was able to fix it. He replaced the hard drive and it seems so much better now and faster too!

Today is my husband's birthday (and tomorrow is mine). Yes, my husband is only one day older than I am :) All of our children's birthday's (and ours) fall during this time of year. We have all five of our birthday's within in 10 weeks of each other plus Christmas in the middle of it all. Needless to say this is a really busy time of year for me. Next week is the baby's birthday. She will be turing 1 year old. I can't believe how fast she has grown! She's walking now and into everything; she's my little explorer.

Anyway, now that my husband has his birthday card I can post it here for you all to see it. I wasn't able to post it earlier because he reads my blog everyday and I wanted it to be a surprise.

My husband loves the SU stamp set Crab & Company. Long story, but if you've ever watched SpongeBob you know about the crabby patty, well that's me and my husband get's to be Mr. Krabs!!!

I always have a hard time using this stamp set and if it wasn't that my husband liked it so much, I would sell it. I can never make a good card with this set and I find it very hard to use. I usually end up stamping and cutting out the images for my cards, which also fits into Thursdays way's to use it challenge. For Thursday's challenge we were to find ways to cut out our images and/or sentiments.

I ended up cutting out almost everything on my card. The ocean waves were embossed using my Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder and then I simply cut along the swirls part to create the waves. Along the top wave I added some white highlights using my gel pen (but I'm not sure that I like it now).

For everything else I just stamped and cut. I stamped the image onto colored cardstock and then cut it out. For the eyes I had to stamp the image again onto white cardstock, then cut them out, and glue them over my image. Some of the cutting was pretty intricate so I used my craft knife for some of it.

Stamps: Crab & Company, Dreams & Dragons - for the clouds, Beach Babies- for the sun
Card Stock: White, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Blush Blossom, Rose Romance, Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun
Ink: Black Stazon, Brilliant Blue, So Saffron
Supplies: Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder, White Gel Pen, Scalloped Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, SU Scissors- for cutting, Craft Knife- for cutting, Glue Dots, SU 2 Way Glue Pen
Technique: Dry Embossing, Paper Piecing
Pin It

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this! I love your little ocean scene, its so cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope you have a great day today, do something special for yourself.

Laura said...

Hello Patty and Happy Birthday! I really like this card.I love how you did the waves.