March 20, 2010

Happy Spring! Yep, today is the first day of spring and I almost forgot. I love this time of year, it's not too hot, not too cold and best of all, our snow is gone!

I wanted to post the card that I made for Monday's clean & simple challenge. The challenge this week was a color challenge. We were to use shades of green and brown plus white or cream.

My card isn't as 'clean' as I would normally make, but it was really simple. I colored the tree stamps using my SU markers and then stamped then onto my card. The deer and owl images were inked, stamped, and then I cut them out.

My grass is Old Olive card stock that I crimped and then I cut small slits. I guess I should have sponged the sky, but I thought I'd better stay within the colors of the challenge. I didn't add a sentiment on the front of my card because I figured the front was busy enough and I can always stamp or write something inside.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all had a great first day of spring!

Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Forest Friends
Card Stock: White, Old Olive, Chocolate chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Crimper, Scissors Pin It

3 comments:

Carrie said...

what a cute little scene Patty. I like how you used the strip of paper for grass.

jimlynn said...

Very cute! Love how you did the "grass".

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gotta love all of the trees, and the sweet deer. happy Spring- such a cute scene!