March 7, 2010


Here's my submission for Monday's Mojo challenge. This is my very first time playing along with the Monday Mojo sketches. Here is the link if you would like more information and I also have sketch posted in the photo below.

I've wanted to make this card all week long and I finally put aside some time this evening to stamp. First I stamped my daisy using Summer Sun and then the outline is stamped using More Mustard. The center was stamped using Really Rust and then using the rock n roll technique I rolled the image onto my Chocolate Chip ink pad. There's also a small swirl stamp that I stamped just around the flower center using Really Rust ink.

I decided to make my own decorative paper using the smaller daisy stamp (from the same set) and I added a few accents using my white gel pen. My Summer Sun and Old Olive pieces of cardstock were punched using my scallop border punch.

To finish up my card I stamped, colored, and cut out the bee image, added my ribbon and sentiment, and once I was finished I decided to add some dazzling diamonds glitter.

I figured it's not too early to start thinking about Mother's Day cards so I stamped this one with my Happy Mother's Day sentiment.

Thanks for looking and I hope you all had a great weekend!

Stamps: DD Daisy, All Year Cheer II
Card Stock: White, Black, More Mustard, Old Olive, Summer Sun
Ink: Black, More Mustard, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Supplies: Ribbon, DD Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Scissors- for cutting out Daisy & leaves, Scallop Edge Punch, White Gel Pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig, SU Marker- for the bee image, Glue Dots, Circle Scissors Plus
Technique: 2 Step Stampin, Rock n Roll Pin It

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty! Love the bee you added and the flower is so pretty!

Carrie said...

WOW Patty, I seriously love this, everything about it. I didn't even realize you made your own paper till I read it. That flower and ribbon are gorgeous and just draw you right in. Wonderful job on the mojo sketch