April 8, 2010


This is a quick card I made for Thursday's 'Oldie but Goodie' Bugaboo challenge.
I printed out the image and colored it using my SU markers. I actually printed out my image twice and I cut out a flower from the second image and I placed in on the right side of my sentiment. You'll want to remember to heat set your digi images; it really helps prevent smearing when you are coloring.

My background is embossed using my Cuttlebug and my Swiss Dots embossing folder. I only embossed the lower half of my card. I used my scor-pal to add a few lines in-between my blank and embossed parts. I also added a bit of paper piercing on my main image panel in two of the corners, just for some added interest.

Hubby is yelling for me to get off of the computer now, we are getting some bad thunder storms right now. Have a great night!

Stamps: Bugaboo Digi Image- flower, SU Short & Sweet
Card Stock: White, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, SU Markers, Scissors- for cutting the second flower, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool. Large & Small Oval Punches
Technique: Dry Embossing
Pin It

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute card, Patty! And I hear you about the weather and computer......I've had TWO computers nuked due to storms. NOW, I really watch the weather.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card! I love the layout and such a cute image!

Carrie said...

Great coloring. I'm going to miss close to cocoa when its gone :(

Jenny said...

Patty...love how you used the flower down below by the sentiment!!