May 14, 2010

Thank goodness it's Friday!  I've has such a busy week, but I did manage to find time and play along with a challenge from Bugaboo stamps.

The challenge is a flower theme challenge and I decided to use this Daisy vase flower image from Bugaboo stamps.

I colored my image using my SU markers and I added a few white dots using my white gel pen on the vases.  It's hard to see in my photo, but I did a bit of paper piercing just along my scalloped border edge.  I did it free handed and I followed the scalloped edge.

I used 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon for my embellishment, but I colored my almost amethyst and blush blossom pieces using my SU markers.  (I do this sometimes when I don't have certain colors of ribbon that I need).

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great weekend!

Stamps: Bugaboo DiGi Stamp- Daisy Vase, SU's It's Your Birthday- for my sentiment
Card Stock: White, Almost Amethyst- SU DP, Blush Blossom
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Scalloped Border Punch, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, White Gel Pen
Technique: Paper Piercing Pin It

12 comments:

Tammy Miller said...

Hey Stranger so glad to see you again, nice card I love it! thanks for playing with us again at Catch a Bug!

Tanya said...

Very nice Patty! I love the softness of the card and the colors (purple is my favorite color :))

Thanks for playing at Catch the Bug

Deb said...

Very pretty card Patty! I always forget that technique of coloring the ribbon if it is one I don't have. I need to remember to do that!!! Great card!

T.A.M. said...

Love your card! like the soft colors.

CarlaKH said...

Just lovely!

paige said...

a very sweet and pretty card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love the pretty image and the soft colors on your card. TFS

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I enjoy your blog so much, each time i check in there's lots of wonderful cards!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card, I love the soft colors and how you used all three colors ribbon.

Unknown said...

your cards are always sooooooo pretty!

Sarah said...

A very sweet card! I love purple and your coloring is fantastic.

Laura said...

I agree with jamie,your card are always so pretty.Very nice colors.TFS