May 26, 2010

Today was my son's pre-school graduation and I wanted to give both of his teachers a small thank you gift. 

I decided to get them each some of the 8.75oz hand soaps from Bath & Body Works.  They were on sale and I ended up getting 6 of them for only $20.

While I was packing their gifts I realized that I forgot about making them thank you cards.  Since this was at the last minute I needed cards that were super quick and easy. 

I didn't have time to come up with my own design so I decided to look through some of my favorite cards and I decided to case this card made by StamperSharon. 

I used the same stamps and colors as she did, but I added two score lines just above my sentiment and I used different color ribbon. 

Sharon has glitter on her card, but I decided not to add any, I was in too much of a hurry to finish these.  I also used certainly celery for my card base on both of my cards.

The circles were inked up and then stamped off first onto a scrap piece of paper before I stamped them onto my card.  I wanted to color to be more subtle.

I've never used my Sweet & Sassy stamp set before, I actually had it on my sell pile and I took it back out.  I'm glad I decided to keep this stamp set because I really like this card that Sharon made.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!

Stamps: Sweet & Sassy, Small Script
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Scor-pal
Technique:  Dry Embossing Pin It

4 comments:

Tamdsgns said...

Congrats to your little one! Super cute card! might have to lift also. Thanks!

Sarah said...

What perfect quick cards! Very simple and cute.

Karen Howard said...

Love these... beautiful colors and I love the elegant look the scored lines add to them!!!

Laura said...

Very cute card!TFS