May 6, 2010

I recently received this stamp set and I wanted to ink it up right away. 

This SU stamp set is really hard to find, I ended up finding it through an ISO (in search of) thread on Splitcoast stampers.  What a great stamp set this is, it's so versatile!  It makes me wonder why SU retires some of their great sets so quickly.

I made this card following one of Splitcost's weekly sketch challenges.  Here is the link to all of the Splitcost sketch challenges.  Sometimes I'll look through the past sketches for some new ideas.

I stamped the tree image and then the leafy/dots over the tree.  Next, I simply stamped the bird, birdhouse, and boots at the bottom of the tree branch.

My sentiment is from SU's Circle of Friendship and it's stamped then punched and layered using my circle punches.  In the center of the punched circle I added another punched circle with two pink butterflies.

I kept my embellishments on this card sort of simple.  I just added a small spiral silver clip and a scrap piece of pretty in pink ribbon.  I also added some paper piercing just along the bottom of my card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Branch Out, Circle of Friendship
Card Stock: White, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, SU Pattern Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Supplies: Ribbon, Silver Spiral Clip, 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, 2 Way Glue Pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Paper Piercing, 2 Step Stampin Pin It

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

And I love it. I'm glad I have this set. I got it just before it retired. I almost didn't though. Glad you found one. Your card is beautiful. Those mini butterflies are great. Thanks.

jimlynn said...

SOOOO Pretty Patty! I wish now that I had bought that stamp set. You just did wonders with it.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! I love this set and could kick myself for not getting it. Beautifully done. It could not be more perfect.

Carrie said...

Lovely Patty. This is a great SU stamp set to have very versatile...have fun with it. I can't believe they retired it.

the Purple One said...

I love your card and had to CASE it!!
Yours is soooo pretty!

Unknown said...

love love love love love