June 22, 2010

I'm not totally loving this card, but I sure had fun with it.  Yesterday was the first day of summer and hubby asked me why I didn't make a summer card.  So I decided to look through my stamps and see what summery card I could come up with and then I got thinking. 

Ice cream is my favorite treat and my two younger children are my ice cream eating buddies LOL.  They love ice cream as much as I do and it's one of our family's favorite things to do together after a hot summer day.  So the bear can be me and she's thinking.....keep away from my ice cream...!!!

I stamped the bear and colored it using my SU markers.  The ice cream cones were stamped, colored, and cut out.

My background paper was stamped repeatedly using the 'grrreat' sentiment from SU's Under the Stars stamp set.

Stamps: Under the Stars
Card Stock: White, Mint Melody, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Brown Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Mint Melody
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Marker, Scissors, 2 Way Glue Pen, White Gel Pen, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Crimper
Technique: Faux Stitching Pin It

2 comments:

Em said...

This card is soooo cute! I love it!!!

Karen Howard said...

This is really cute and the bear and ice cream image is perfect for summer. Love the soft colors.