September 17, 2010



Here's my card using this week's digi image from designed2delight.  This is a really cute Halloween image and I couldn't wait to print it out and use it.  I also made this card for today's Free For All Splitcoast challenge.  This week's challenge was to create a card using a punny saying.

I colored the image using my SU markers and I wanted to add a few lighter spots so I decided to use my white gel pen and then color over it again using my gray marker.  (I had a cat that looked like this when I was a kid).

My background is embossed using my cuttlebug and cuttlebug Spiderweb embossing folder. 

I also decided to try something new and I wanted to use more than one design of my pattern paper.  I ended up using three different pieces and I think I like it.

I found a spider punch at AC Moore last week on clearance and I thought the spider might be a nice touch on this card.

My sentiment is computer generated and my ribbon is from Offray.

I'm so glad you were able to stop by.  Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday!

Stamps: Designed2Delight Digi Image- Scaredy Cat, Sentiment is computer generated
Card Stock: White, Black, DP from Target's Dollar Spot
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Spiderweb, Circle and Scallop Circle Nesties, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Glue Dots, White Gel Pen, EK Success Spider Punch, 2 Way Glue Pen
Technique: Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing Pin It

14 comments:

Faith S. said...

Wow!! I love all of it...the embossed white works so well and really sets off the rest of the card. I love the spider, your coloring, and designer paper accents. Awesome card!

Unknown said...

Lovely card...Love the embossed effect and the spider

Donna Heber said...

Patty,

Another adorable Halloween card. Love the cat and jack-o-lantern!

dstandard said...

Oh wow fabulous - love the embossed web!Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is wonderful! I love the embossed spiderweb and the pretty DSP. TFS

Rhonda Langley said...

I really like all the white! Great job on your coloring, 'specially the cat!

Carrie said...

I like the mix of papers and I love that little spider on the web.

paige said...

Such a fresh and fun looking Halloween card!

Sherrie Conner said...

So gorgeous!! I love the bright colors on the white!! Fabulous card! So glad to see you again this week at the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge! :)

Kathy said...

Great card Patty. I love the web and little spider. Your combo of patterned paper looks great, too.

A Soldier Girl said...

WOW Patty .. amazing

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great Halloween card! I love the embossing! Super job coloring! TFS!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wonderful card, Patty! I love the squares of DP and that spider web is great!

Alissa said...

The embossed web really makes this card. That came out GREAT!