September 28, 2010


I made this card some time ago and I wasn't sure if I wanted to upload it or not. I'm not that crazy about how it turned out, but it took me so long to make I just couldn't throw it away. I originally made this card for my daughter to send to her cousin who just happens to love frogs.

My cloud background was created using a punched scallop circle and a blue inked sponge. I simple sponged around the scalloped part and then moving the scallop circle I sponged again.

My grassy area was also sponged using old olive ink.  I simply inked up the sponge and randomly sponged all over the lower part of my card base (I didn't use the punched scallop circle for this part).

Just about everything else was stamped, cut out, and then I placed it onto my card. The cutting was the most time consuming part of my card. I stamped the flies directly on my card and then I stamped and cut out another fly. I placed the cut out fly right on top of the one that I had stamped on my card base (except for the wings). I left them unattached to my card base so that I could pick up the wings a bit. Then I placed some DD glitter onto each of the fly's wings.

The lily pad was stamped twice, but I cut off the cattails on one of the images. I used my chocolate chip marker to color in the two cattails.  The logs were just stamped and cut out as well as the frogs. The sentiment reads- time's fun when you're having flies.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be posting a CAS Christmas card tomorrow, have a wonderful day!

Stamps: Hoppy For You
Card Stock: White
Ink: Black Stazon, Brown Stazon, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue
Supplies: Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge, Scissors, DD glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig, SU Markers, Glue Dots
Technique: Paper Piecing, Sponging Pin It

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Patty,I Can't see where you went wrong on this card.I love it.The scenery is soooo cute.Very creative.

Carrie said...

This is darling Patty. What a great little scene you created.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is SO fun and perfect! I love the little frogs leaping around trying to catch flies. I love how you created 3D glittery wings for the flies! Beautiful sponging on the grass and sky, too!