November 30, 2010



Since I'm currently hosting a CAS CASE card swap, I decided to case another card from the SU 2010/2011 catalog.  The card I cased can be found on page 121 of the catalog. 

I kept the same layout, but I changed the ink up a little bit, I used different decorative paper, I omitted the button embellishment, I used a different color ribbon, and I decided not to add a sentiment.  I almost forgot to mention that I used my ticket corner punch on the upper two corners, sometimes I forget about that little punch and it adds so much to a card.

There's no special technique to making this card.  All you need to do is to be sure to use your stamp-a-ma-jig to help you align the images.  I love using this stamp set because it's so versatile and so easy to use.

Until just the other day, I've never cased any cards out of the SU catalog and I'm finding that it's so fun to look through at the examples and see what I can make.  I have all of the SU catalogs all the way back to 1995 and I'll have to start looking through them more often. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Aviary
Card Stock: Certainly Celery, White, SU DP
Ink: Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, Pixie Pink
Supplies: Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Ticket Corner Punch
Technique: 2 Step Stampin' Pin It

9 comments:

TrishG said...

Patty, this is so cute. I love the colors you used! Love the ribbon too.

It is a great idea to use the catalogue as a resource and often I don't do that. You've inspired me to do that this week!

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute! Love the little bird houses.
Lynn

Donna Heber said...

Simply adorable! I love those little birds in the cage. I may have to think about getting this stamp set.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the cute images- what a great idea to CASE cards from the SU catalog! TFS

KER said...

what a "tweet" card...i can't seem to 2 step stamp to save my life...(or 2 step dance either)...this card is as cute as it gets

Alissa said...

OMG that is stunning!

Pam~ said...

Love this set!!! Nice color combo made for a cute and cheery card!

Marilyn said...

Terrific card Patty! I bought this stamp set & didn't know what to do with it... now I know!

Carrie said...

this is cute! I've debated about this set since the catty came out. I love how you used it.