January 25, 2011

Good morning!  I'm posting early today so that I'll have some time later to stamp a few more cards.  I figure I'd better stamp while I can because it looks like the kids might have another snow day on Thursday or at least that's what the weather forecast is at the moment, you know how that always changes!

This card I made for my clean & simple CASE card swap that I am currently hosting.  For my swap we were to CASE (copy and share everything) any clean & simple card we found in the card gallery (on splitcoast stampers) and I decided to case this card made by Crystal.

I kept the same layout and I used the same technique as she did, but I changed the colors, I used a different sentiment, and I used a different color ribbon.  Over all my card looks almost exactly like hers, but I really didn't want to make a lot of changes because I liked it so much.

First, I stamped the flower stems using certainly celery ink.  Next, using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the flowers using a technique called rock n' roll. 

I used my scallop border punch for the punched border along the top of the card.  I really like how the border punch was used along the top portion of the card rather than on the bottom.

I decided to use this sentiment (found in the same stamp set) because I thought it would make a really nice Mother's day card.  I simply stamped my sentiment, punched it using my circle punch, and then I placed it onto my card using dimensionals.  Lastly, I tied my ribbon in a knot and then I placed it just above my sentiment using a glue dot- what a great ribbon treatment!  Plus it's a great way to use of some of those ribbon scraps I always save!

Have a great day!  Tomorrow I'm planning on posting a card I made using my I Heart (Hearts) stamp set.

Stamps: For All You Do
Card Stock: White, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Black
Ink: Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Scallop Border Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1 3/8" Circle Punch
Technique: Rock N' Roll, 2 Step Stampin' Pin It

4 comments:

Becky said...

This is so pretty, the black really brings out that purple.

TrishG said...

Patty, I recognize that card. It was one of my favorites. I like the changes in color that you made.

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty! Love those colors.
Lynn

Carrie said...

wow I love these colors. Especially the little pop of green