September 24, 2011


Good morning! I normally don't post on the weekends, but I just realized that I hadn't posted this card to show everyone, plus hubby isn't home so I have time for my blog this morning.

This is a card I made for a card swap I hosted this past summer. It was a Christmas in July swap. I'm sorry this photo isn't that great, but I don't have any of these cards left to retake it- I gave them all away within my swap. This was a real easy card to make and it's perfect if you like to make your holiday cards since this card is flat and it won't require extra postage.

I first stamped my image using bravo burgundy ink and then on another scrap piece of card stock I stamped the same image again using old olive ink. Then all I did was punch out the portions of the stamp I wanted to be green and place them over top of my first stamped image. I used dimensionals so that they would be raised up just a little bit. You can do this with any portion of the image you like; on my card here I decided to punch out 2 of the flowers along the top and the snowflake in the word joy along the bottom.

I know it's hard to see in my photo so I wanted to point out that in the word season the letter O has a rhinestones jewel inside it.

The burgundy strip of paper along the left side of my card is actually a 1/4" edge from my designer series paper that I folded over. I do this a lot when I want a little bit of a different edge and it's so easy to do. Then along the right side of my background paper I punched a small strip of old olive card stock using my scallop border punch.

Well, that's about it for today. I promised my son that we would make cupcakes today so I'd better run.  We are going to try and make those new Fun da-middles cupcakes with the filling in the center.  Have a great rest of the weekend!
 
Stamps:  Season of Joy
Card Stock: White, Old Olive, SU Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy
Supplies:  Scallop Border Punch, Rhinestones Jewels, Dimensionals, 1/4" Circle Punch

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! It'll be an easy mailer too! Great design and use of the DP.
Lynn