September 25, 2011


I wasn't planning on posting a card today, but everyone's sleeping and I thought I would check out today's Featured Stamper challenge on splitcoast stampers and so here I am.  Today's featured stamper is bensarmom and this is her card that I decided to case.

I decided to keep the three pumpkins and Thanksgiving theme of her card, but I changed the stamps used and I also added some dry embossing, sponging and I omitted the leaves.

I used the Stampin' Up! Jack of All Trades stamp set to make my card and I love that you can use this set for creating Thanksgiving/Fall cards as well as Halloween cards.   Below is a picture of the Jack of All Trades stamp set and you will find it in the idea book & catalog and it retails for $23.95 for wood mount and $17.95 for the clear mount set. 
To create my background I embossed the front of my card using the Framed Tulips embossing folder. Then I embossed my old olive piece of card stock and I placed that on top of my white card base. My pumpkin layer is sponged using pumpkin pie and riding hood red ink.

To create my three pumpkins I first stamped and cut them out. Then I sponged around the edges using pumpkin pie and riding hood red ink. I stamped the stems using old olive ink and my sentiment is from a retired set called holiday & wishes.

I used dimensionals to raise up my pumpkin layer, but my card is still relatively flat and it would be perfect for sending through the mail.  Have a great day!  See you back here Monday morning.

Stamps: Jack of All Trades, Holidays & Wishes
Card Stock: White, Old Olive
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Supplies:  Big Shot, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Sponge, SU Scissors, Dimensionals
Technique: Sponging, Dry Embossing, 2 Step Stamping

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

I had always wanted "Carved and Candlelit" for my collection. And this is a nice update! haha. Ooh...so many stamps, so little time! I was thinking of you a few days ago and thought I'd stalk around your blog! Happy Sunday!

Karen Howard said...

Love this stamp set and your card is fabulous! Love the embossing. Hugs, Karen