October 24, 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Saturday my family and I spent the day in a corn maze and picking pumpkins.  It's hard to believe fall is here already and in my back yard the leaves on the trees have already changed their colors and most have fallen. 

And that was sort of the inspiration for today's card that I made for the CAS (clean & simple) challenge on splitcoast stampers.  Today's challenge is a sketch challenge based on this card here.

I used a technique called thumping to color in this lovely tree image.  I began by using several fall SU colored markerd and then I started to color the leaves.  Once the leaves were colored I began thumping over the them with the same color markers I was using.  That's how I was able to create two different colors on the same leaves- it looks more realistic and fall like.  Once I was finished with my thumping I used my chocolate chip marker to again color the brown tree trunk and branches.  And remember to 'huff' onto the stamp before stamping it onto your card stock.  This remoisted the ink.  The Stampin' Up! markers I used were:  old olive, more mustard, tangerine tango, cherry cobbler.

The top half of my background is embossed using my vintage wallpaper embossing folder and just under my embossed area I added two score lines.  And that's about it for today's card.  I hope you liked it! 

Don't forget about my Simply Score Tool giveaway- you will find more information about that --->; click here.

Thanks for visiting.  I'd love to have you follow me  :)  Thanks & have a wonderful day!

Stamps: Leaves of a Tree, Whimsical Words
Card Stock: White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Supplies: Ribbon, Simply Score Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig, SU Markers, Big Shot, Vintage Wall Embossing Folder, Coluzzle
Technique: Dry Embossing, Thumping

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

13 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful card! Love this thumping technique, it gives an amazing effect!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Em said...

Lovely tree! Like all the beautiful colors~

Welcome to the group. I have became you follower and added you to my side bar. :D

I also picked a pumpkin. But the field I went don't have corn maze. That must be pretty fun!

Athina said...

Very pretty. Nice job!

Ana Carolina Little said...

I love how the dumping turned out. Very nice card and very neat blog. Welcome to the group!!!

Barb said...

WOW--I love all of the colors and will have to try this technique sometime.

Thanks for sharing.

Heather B said...

Ahhh! This is gorgeous too!! I think I'm going to very quickly fall in love with your blog!

Tina Connolly said...

Oh I LOVE this! Stunning work as always.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the sentiment and embossing.

Melina said...

I love the colors in your tree! Great embossing too :)

Jacquel said...

Very cute card & I like the embossing! TFS!!!

Lela said...

Great colors for your tree! I love fall and this card reminds me of all the colorful reasons why.

Beth said...

Great card! I really like how you coloured the leaves on the tree and the embossing in the bg looks perfect :)

Karen Howard said...

Oh Wow, love all the colors in the tree, looks fabulous! Hugs, Karen