February 27, 2012

Happy Monday!  Gee, didn't the weekend just fly by?  It did for me, but I made sure to take a few minutes today to make a card for the clean & simple challenge on splitcoast stampers.  Today's challenge was a color challenge and we were to create a card using only white and rich razzleberry.  Whew...what a challenge!  But I think I did okay with this card.

I began making my card my stamping my images.  I used a retired set called Watercolor Trio.  This is one of my very favorite retired stamp sets.  It looks like one big large flower image on my card, but it's really not.  Using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the flower/leafy images from this set using rich razzleberry ink.

Next, I cut and embossed my rich razzleberry layer, added my ribbon, adhered it to my card and then I added a few white dots using my white gel pen.  I decided I wanted to add a button (with a piece of twine tied in the center) on top of my ribbon knot (I used my glue gun to adhered the button).  Lastly, I stamped my birthday sentiment and I added a few Rhinestones Jewels beneath it.  (Sorry about making so many birthday cards lately, I'm trying to replenish my birthday card stash- for me there are a ton of birthdays this time of year).

In case you are looking at my supply list below and wondering where I used the glue dots I wanted to explain.  By the way, I love glue dots and I use them all the time.  They are especially good to use under an embossed layer because sometimes snail adhesive just isn't enough.  Well, that's about it for today!  I'm off to get some of my house work finished.  I can't let hubby think all I do is stamp and blog all day long! 

Stamps: Watercolor Trio
Card Stock: White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Supplies:  Ribbon, Button, Twine, Big Shot, Final Press Embossing Folder, White Gel Pen, Rhinestones Jewels, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Glue Gun, Glue Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

4 comments:

Melina said...

This is gorgeous P! :)

Becky said...

What a gorgeous CAS card and beautiful colors.

Heather B said...

Oooh!! So much I love about that!!! Great use of Watercolor Trio. Also love the way you used the gel pen on that embossed piece.

KristyLee said...

Oh wow love that top of the card! Way cool! Beautiful!