March 16, 2012

Hi everyone!  Splitcoast stampers has a 'Queen of the day' challenge every Friday.  I really didn't know much about this challenge until yesterday my friend Melina was chosen.  Here is the link to this week's Queen for the day challenge.  Here is the card from Melina's gallery that I chose.

I also made this card for the current challenge on the Creative Belli Blog.  The challenge found here was to make a clean & simple card, which are my very favorite cards so I just had to play along.  Plus I'm entering my card for this week's challenge from the CAS-ual Friday blog which was to create a clean & simple card using:  a pattern, an image, and a sentiment.  My pattern is my scored background, my image is my flower, and of course I have my sentiment stamped along the bottom of my card.  Whew!  That must be a first for me...LOL  I never end up making a card for more than 1 or 2 challengs.

The reason I loved Melina's card so much was because of the colors she used and so I decided to make my card with those same colors.  I stamped the flower and punched it out using my blossom punch.  Then for the next two smaller layers on top of my flower I just used circle punches. 

My certainly celery card stock layer was created by using the adorning accents edgelit die (from the current mini catalog) and my big shot.  My very vanilla background is dry embossed and I did this using a technique called faux tile.  If you aren't sure what the faux tile technique is you will find the splitcoast stampers tutorial here

When I created my background, I scored my card stock using my simply scoring tool and I made a pattern of small squares.  When I was finished with my scoring I lightly sponged over top of my raised embossed areas using pretty in pink in and a sponge wedge.  You will only want to lightly sponge over the raised areas.

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Thoughts & Prayers- for the sentiment
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake
Supplies: Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die, Ribbon, Button, Twine, Blossom Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Spong, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Dry Embossing, Sponging, Faux Tile

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this is such a pretty card. I love the classy look, the flower, the color scheme. Very nice!

Melina said...

I left you some love over on SCS! But I can't get enough of that scored background girl! Great card and thank you for honoring me with making a card for the Queen Challenge :)

Michele Gross said...

Really pretty, I love the scored pattern! Happy you played with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

Great card, love the scored background.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- and the great background. I always love your CAS take on cards- I think CAS is so hard! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli for the CAS challenge!

Robin Parker said...

I love how you used the Scor-Pal to create your background. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for Clean And Simple.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Very pretty! This is my first time visiting your blog & you have many gorgeous creations. TFS!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Great job with the scoring. I also like how you sponged over the scoring.