March 21, 2012

Hi there!  Today I'm posting the card I made for this week's Stampin' Up! only blog challenge found here.  For this challenge we were to create a season themed card based on what season you are entering.  Well here in PA yesterday was the first day of spring and the weather here couldn't be better.  It's warm, sunny, and the trees are starting to turn green. 

I went outside the other day and I couldn't get over the sound of the birds, they were chirping and tweeting like you wouldn't believe.  It was a sound I haven't heard in months and so that was the inspiration for the image I decided to use.  I also used one of my very favorite color combinations- pink, green, and brown.

I stamped and colored my image using my Stampin' Up! markers.  My chocolate chip layer was cut using the Adorning Accents Edgelits Die and my big shot.  Just along the bottom of my card I decided to add two rows of paper piercing using my SU mat pack and paper piercing tool.  I like to do this sometimes to add that little extra something without going overboard.

And finally, to complete my card I added some pleated ribbon just under my image panel and then I added a small button with a twine bow tied in the center.  Below I posted a close up photo so that you could see the coloring I did on the image. 

I hope you liked my card today! Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Up in the Air
Card Stock:  White, Chocolate Chip, Twitterpated DSP
Ink:  Brown Stazon
Supplies:  SU Markers, Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die, Pleated Ribbon, Sticky Strip Tape, Dimensionals, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Glue Dots, Twitterpated Buttons, Twine
Technique: Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, your card is so soft and beautiful! I love that pink pleated ribbon!

Becky said...

What a pretty card Patty. Sure sounds like Spring to me. I have a wood pecker on my street who is busy every morning at 8 am. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the ribbon and button Patty. They bring out the beautiful colouring of the image. A great spring card.

Deb Hoekstra said...

Beautiful card - love the soft look. Thanks for sharing your card at SUO Challenges.

Melina said...

Wow! Patty this is gorgeous! I love the border at the bottom and the way you used that stitched ribbon :)

Ana Carolina Little said...

Patty, your cards are so elegant and clean and pretty!!!. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!

Jen Timko said...

Just lovely! Looks just like my cherry tree in bloom! Love the soft colors and that ribbon! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!! I have not seen many cards using this hostess stamp set yet...I love what you did with it!!

I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #58 with a link back to your blog on 3-25-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

TrishG said...

This is beautiful! I love that stamp set and I love it with pink! Great card.

Heidi Baks said...

This image just screams spring! Very beautiful! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.