April 10, 2012

Good morning!  Today's is Tuesday and that means it's time for another great challenge from the Twisted Tuesday's challenge blog.  This week's challenge is to create a project using flowers.  The twist is that they can't be roses or rosettes.

When we went for dinner at my mother in law's house on Sunday she had purple daisies in her kitchen and I thought they were so pretty so that was the inspiration for my card.

I used my big shot for several elements of my card:  the top note die, daisies, embossed background, embossed flower centers, labels die, and the little leaves sizzlits.  Once I had everything cut and embossed it was just a matter of assembling my card.

One thing I did want to mention is that to make my flowers I cut out two of each size and then using my bone folder I slightly folded over the petals then I placed the daisies together and then added the flower centers.  The flower centers were dry embossed and then I sponged them lightly using so saffron ink. My flowers were placed on my card using dimensionals.

I used the smallest die in the labels collection framelits for my sentiment- I thought this would make a cute Mother's day card.  And just along the bottom of my card my wild wasabi card stock was punched using my scallop border punch and to complete my card I decided to add some white ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge!

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  White, Perfect Plum, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Subtles designer series paper stack
Ink:  Perfect Plum, So Saffron
Supplies: Ribbon, Big Shot, Scallop Border Punch, Top Note Die, Little Leaves Sizzlits Die, Daisies Flower #2 Bigz Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder,  Labels Collection Framelits Die, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow Glue, Bone Folder
Technique: Dry Embossing, Sponging

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

6 comments:

Melina said...

This is gorgeous Patty! I love how you used the daisy and top note die! :)

AnnMarie said...

Love the purple daisies! Very, very pretty card! Isn't it amazing that there is inspiration every where we look?! Great job with this challenge! :)

Barb said...

Great Colors Patty--love the flowers!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really pretty card, Patty! I love the colors, layout and the flower layers are just perfect. Thanks, for sharing!

Athina said...

I live your color combo! Great flowers!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, your card is absolutely lovely! The purple color is gorgeous... and who doesn't love flowers?!?!?