April 12, 1012

Sorry I'm posting a bit late tonight.  This is the first chance I had today to sit down and update my blog. I decided to make this card for 3 challenges, and boy what a challenge that was for me!  I'm not really very good at combining challenges.

I used this week's Mojo monday sketch challenge on my card.  Then I used Little Red Wagon color challenge which was to use a spring palette (like pinks and greens- soft spring colors) and then I also followed the Use it Tuesday challenge was spring cleaning!  We were to use anything from our stash, but their challenge requires us to use our hoarded supplies.  Well the stamp set I used I've had since the beginning of January and this is the first time I'm using it.  Not sure why since I love this flower image.

The upper background part of my card was stamped using the long row of flowers stamp and blushing bride ink.  I love the look you can achieve from stamping the same color ink onto the same color card stock- it's a nice subtle image or 'tone on tone' as it's sometimes referred to.  Along the bottom of my background I added two rows of paper piercing.

The designer series papers I used are from the twitterpated pack, can you tell I love these papers?! LOL  I added a white punched layer (using my eyelet border punch) in-between my designer series paper layer. 

For my main flower image I stamped the flowers, colored them using my SU markers, added a few basic pearls, and then cut out the image.  I placed my image (using dimensionals) over my embossed layer (I used the square lattice folder) and then I cut it out using the labels framelits. 

I actually used the same size framelits for my pear pizzazz and blushing bride layers.  The blusing bride layer I simply cut and them embossed.  The pear pizzazz layer I had to cut two peices and then I placed them on top of each other, but I tried keeping it large enough so that it would be a base layer for my blushing bride card stock.  I think it worked since you really can't tell where my green layers overlap.

For my ribbon treatment I didn't have any pear pizzazz or blushing bride ribbon so I got creative and I took some white ribbon and I colored it using my SU markers.  I don't always have the correct color ribbon that I need and so I do this every once and awhile.  If you try this be sure to color you ribbon in an area away from your card (don't ask....LOL- I've messed up a card or two) and you will want to make sure your ribbon is dry before you begin working with it.

Well, that's about it for today!  I'll be back again tomorrow!  Have a great evening!

Stamps:  Bordering On Romance, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  White, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Brown Stazon, Blushing Bride
Supplies:  Ribbon, Big Shot, SU Markers, Basic Pearls, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Labels Collection Framelits Die, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Dimensionals
Technique: Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

4 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

LOVE IT PATTY!!!. Again...love that colour combo, those three bows and the pearls!!!. Beautiful!!!

Sonya said...

What a gorgeous card, such pretty colors! Glad you joined us at UIT this week!

Heather B said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! You make such elegant creations!!! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Sarah said...

This is soo pretty! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with Use It Tuesday!