April 24, 2012

Good morning!  I'm posting my card for today's Twisted Tuesday challenge blog.  This week's challenge is to create a card for a child. The twist was that we were to include a funny sentiment.  Just in case you can't read my sentiment it reads- time's fun when you're having flies.  I'm also submitting my card for the current Creative Belli blog challenge which was to make a card for a child.

As I was looking through my stamps to pick out something for this challenge, I kept going back to this set.  I love these frogs, aren't they cute?!  I stamped the frog images and punched them out using my circle punch and they are layered onto pear pizzazz dsp and black card stock- again using my circle punch and my scallop circle punch.  I stamped 3 flies, cut them out, glued them onto my card making sure the wings were popped up and then I added some glitter onto the wings.

My background is embossed using the stripes embossing folder and I used my scallop border punch for the black card stock underneath my main image panel.  To create my ribbon treatment I first tied my ribbon around my card and then my brad is wrapped around the knot.  The trick to doing this with brads is to make sure that the prongs of the brad are long enough to go around the knot of the ribbon.  Some brads have shorter prongs and this won't work.

Below is a close up photo of my froggie card.  I wanted to try and show you a close up of the flies and how the wings are popped up.  My entire image panel is popped up using dimensionals so you might be able to see that a little better as well in this photo. 
We would love to have you play along with us this week at Twisted Tuesday challenges!  To see the other design team members' cards please see the links below-
Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day!
Stamps:  Hoppy For You
Card Stock: White, Black, Pear Pizzazz, Pear Pizzazz dsp from the in color designer series paper stack
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Black Stazon
Supplies:  Ribbon, Brad, Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scissors for cutting the flies, Scalloped Border Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

5 comments:

paige said...

Fabulous card! Love the layout! So happy you joined us at Creative Belli!

Melina said...

I love the fly wings girl! This is so cute and a perfect card for this week's Twisted Challenge! love it :)

AnnMarie said...

Such a great card! Those frogs are just plain ole fun! You did a wonderful job with this challenge! :)

Ana Carolina Little said...

Love your layout Patty!!! The colours as well!!,

MiamiKel said...

Whew, I'm so far behind but glad I could stop In a and say how lovely this is! Beautiful work!!