May 14, 2012

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to play along with the clean & simple challenge on Splitcoast stampers. Today's challenge we were to create cards using three panels. This technique is simply done by first stamping your image and then dividing it into three equal sections.

I chose to use my upsy daisy stamp set (I'm really going to miss this stamp set once it retires; this is one of my favorite flower stamps). My niece gave me a yellow daisy plant in a yellow and red basket yesterday for Mother's Day (I'm her God mother) and so that was the inspiration for my card today.

I began making my card by first stamping the daisies using daffodil delight ink and then again using early espresso ink. Then I simply cut my panels apart and I began to assemble my card. For my embellishment I decided to use a daffodil delight button with some twine tied in the center. I colored the twine using my early espresso marker.

I used my scallop border punch to punch along the bottom of my early espresso card stock. My sentiment was stamped and then punched using my word window punch. My daisy image panel was placed onto my card using dimensionals and that's about it!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow. I have a really neat card that I will be posting for the Twisted Tuesday challenge. Have a great rest of the day!

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: White, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight- dsp (retired)
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Supplies: Twine, Button, Early Espresso Marker- to color twine, Dimensionals, Scallop Border Punch, Word Window Punch- for sentiment

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

2 comments:

Athina said...

That stamp set is definitely awesome! Great card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Super layout! I love that scalloped edge under the image....now if I could only get those edge punches to punch straight! LOL Great card, thanks for sharing.