June 13, 2012

Hi everyone! I decided to make a card for the current Use it Tuesday challenge which was to make a project that celebrates Dad. I decided to use my King of the Grill stamp set which is my hoarded supply that I bought last summer and I haven't touched it since.

I also made this card for the ways to use it challenge on splitcoast stampers which was to 'Man Up' and create a masculine card.

I spent a lot of time working on my main image. I colored it using my Stampin' Up! markers and I did a bit of paper piercing using the red checked designer series paper. I paper pieced the apron and the hat.

My certainly celery layer is dry embossed using the square lattice embossing folder. I chose to use this folder since I thought it sort of mimicked the checked paper. I also added some faux stitching and a turquoise button with twine tied through it.

My sentiment was stamped and punched out using the word widow punch and layered using the modern label punch. I hope you like my Father's Day card! Thanks for stopping by!

*card #7 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal*

Stamps: King of the Grill
Card Stock: White, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Real Red, DSP- Pawsitively Prints II
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: SU Markers, Button, Twine, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, White Gel Pen, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow Glue, Scissors- for cutting out checked paper
Technique: Paper Piecing, Faux Stitching, Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

4 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

LOVE this image!!!

KER said...

FUN!!!

MrsD07 said...

What a fun Father's Day card!! I love it!!!

MrsD07 said...

And forgot to say, thanks for joining us at use it Tuesday! LOL!