June 17, 2012




Hi everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day.  My kids made breakfast in bed for daddy and my husband enjoyed his English muffin, coffee, and the news paper delviered to him.  Of course he heard us in the kitchen getting it ready, but we do it every year and so I think he sort of expected it.

I wanted to make a card for last week's splitcoast clean and simple challenge and just tonight I set aside some time to see what I could come up with.  The challenge was to create a card using a white card base with a white card front.  White cadrs always make such pretty wedding cards and so that's what I decided to make.

I began by stamping my heart image on my card base layer and then I embossed the bottom half of that layer using my perfect polka dots embossing folder and just above my embossed area I added 2 rows of dry embossing using my simply score board. 

The next layer I cut to size 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and then I punched out the circle using my 1 3/4" circle punch.  Then I ran the upper portion of this layer through my big shot machine using my vintage wallpaper embossing folder and just below the embossed area I again added 2 rows of dry embossing using my simply score tool.  I added my sentiment just below my score lines.

The ribbon and silver cording I used is retired Stampin' Up ribbon and cording!  I still have some left over from when I made my wedding invitations several years ago.

Well, that's about it for tonight!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!

*card #10 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal*

Stamps:  Wedding Elegance, Occasional Quotes
Card Stock:  White
Ink:  Basic Gray
Supplies:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Organdy Ribbon, Silver Cording, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Score Tool
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

1 comment:

Peggy said...

beautiful card!!! I love the white on white.